What is acne ?
Acne is a skin condition that happens when your hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. It causes whiteheads, blackheads or pimples. Acne is most ordinary among teenagers, even so it affects people of all ages.Effective acne treatments are available, but acne can be determined. The pimples and bumps cure quickly, and when one starts to go away, others seem to happen.Depending on its seriousness, acne can cause emotional distress and scar the skin. The earlier you start treatment, the lower your risk of similar problems.
Types of acne :-
Acne pimples differ in color, size, and level of pain.The following types are possible:
- Whiteheads: These left under the skin and are small
- Blackheads: Clearly visible, they are black and appear on the outside of the skin
- Papules: Small, usually pink bumps, these are visible on the outside of the skin
- Pustules: Clearly visible on the outside of the skin. They are red at their base.
- Nodules: Clearly visible on the outside of the skin. They are large, solid, painful pimples that are set deep in the skin
- Cysts: Clearly visible on the outside of the skin. They may be painful and filled with pus like material. Cysts can cause scars.
What causes acne ?
While the exact causes of acne haven’t been identified, it’s been determined that obvious things can trigger acne or make it worse, such as:
- hormonal changes, such as puberty, pregnancy, and the period cycle
- picking or squeezing at existing pimples
- scrubbing or cleaning your skin too vigorously
- pressure, such as from hats, collars, helmets, and backpack straps
- high moisture
- cosmetics, such oil-based products, sunscreen, and hair products
- medications, such as anabolic steroids and corticosteroids
According to the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, common beliefs that suggest stress and dirty skin cause acne aren’t true.Also, oily foods and chocolate don’t cause acne in most people.
How to get a rid of acne ?
Self-control and regularity are good things, but not everyone can sleep eight hours, eat three healthy meals per day, and drink plenty of water a day. Doubtless the most useful lifestyle changes one can make is to never to pick or squeeze pimples. Playing with or popping pimples, no matter how careful and clean one is, nearly always makes bumps stay redder and bumpier longer. People often refer to redness as “scarring,” but fortunately, it usually isn’t permanent. It’s just a mark that takes months to fail if left entirely alone.
2. Open the pores
Occasional visits to an esthetician who is an expert at safely removing blackheads during a facial can be beneficial.
3. Cleansing and skin care
Despite what one might read in popular style and fashion magazines, there is no magic product or rule that is right for every person and situation.
- Mild cleansers: Washing once or twice a day with a light cleansing bar or liquid will keep the skin clean and minimize irritation or sensitivity.
- Exfoliating cleansers and masks: A variety of mild scrubs, exfoliants, and masks can be used. These products may contain salicylic acid in a concentration that makes it a very mild skin agent. These products remove the outer layer of the skin and consequently open pores. Products containing glycolic or alpha hydroxy acids are also gentle skin exfoliants.
- Retinol: Not to be confused with the prescription medication Retin-A, this copy of vitamin A can help promote skin peeling.
4. Reducing bacteria
- Antibacterial cleansers: The most popular ingredient in over-the-counter antibacterial cleansers is benzoyl peroxide.
- Topical applications: Antibacterial cleansers come in the form of gels, creams, and lotions that are applied to the affected area. The active ingredients that kill outside bacteria include benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, and resorcinol. Some brands promoted on the Internet and cable TV are much more costly than identical and sometimes more powerful products one can buy in the drugstore.
Benzoyl peroxide causes red and scaly skin irritation in a small number of people, which goes away as soon as one stops using the product. Keep in mind that benzoyl peroxide is a bleach, so do not let products containing benzoyl peroxide come into contact with fabrics, leaving unsightly white spots on colored clothes, shirts, towels, and carpets.
5.Reduce too much oil
One cannot stop oil glands from producing oil. Even isotretinoin only slows down oil glands for a while; they resume normal activity later. It is possible to get rid of oil on the outside of the skin and reduce the appearance of shine.
- Use a gentle astringent/toner to wipe away oil.
Home remedies for acne
- Apply apple cider vinegar
- Take a zinc supplement
- Make a honey and cinnamon mask
- Spot treat with tea tree oil
- Apply green tea to your skin
- Apply witch hazel
- Moisturize with aloe vera
- Take a fish oil supplement
- Follow a low glycemic load diet
- Cut back on dairy
- Reduce stress
- Exercise regularly
Homeopathy Treatment For AcnenSome of the commonly prescribed homeopathic medicines for acne are Asterias rub, Berberis aquifolium, Echinacea, Jugulans regia, Kali brom. And Pulsatilla nigricans etc.
- Asterias rub :- This is a special remedy for pimples. Pimples at the age of puberty, Red pimples on side of nose, chin and mouth.
- Berberis aquifolium :- For biotches and pimples.
- Echinacea :- It’s specific for acne.
- Jugulans regia :- For blackhead and acne on the face with itching. Red pimples.
- Kali brom :- It should be tried when Asterias rubens fails. Itchy pustular pimples on chest, shoulders, and face.
- Pulsatilla nigricans :- When pimples at puberty, especially in girls who are overweight and have delayed menses.