What is Bulky Uterus ?
An Bulky Uterus, Also called Enlarged Uterus. From fertilization to delivery, a woman’s uterus can grow from the size of a pear to the size of a watermelon. But pregnancy isn’t the only believable reason for an enlarged uterus. An enlarged uterus is ordinary and can be a symptom of a variety of medical conditions, few of which require treatment.
What are the ordinary causes of a bulky uterus?
The two most familiar causes of bulky or enlarged uterus in infertile patients are uterine adenomyosis and fibroids.Fibroids :- Also known as Leiomyomas, are non cancerous tumours of uterine muscles.Adenomyosis -Is the round swelling of the uterus which happens if tissue that usually lines the uterus starts growing inside the muscular wall of the uterus.Pregnancy :- The uterus commonly fits into the pelvis. When you’re pregnant, your increasing baby will cause your uterus to grow in size 1,000 times, from the size of a clenched fist to a watermelon or larger by the time you deliver.
In addition to its physical size, an enlarged uterus may cause the following symptoms:-
- menstrual cycle abnormalities, such as heavy cramping and bleeding
- a mass over the lower abdomen
- anemia due to unrestricted menstrual bleeding
- general paleness and weakness
- weight gain at the middle, from the uterine overgrowth
- pressure symptoms on the uterus and surrounding structures
- cramping in the pelvic area
- cramping and swelling in the legs
- urinary urgency and frequency
- watery discharge
- bleeding after menopause
- pain during sexual intercourse
Symptoms of an enlarged uterus can differ depending on what has caused them.
Complications of an enlarged uterus are normally connected to the condition causing the uterus to become enlarged. Unless there are malicious tumors, or someone has uterine cancer, complications are rarely life-threatening. An enlarged uterus can also hit a woman’s quality of life.
- Pregnancy and infertility problems: Infertility can be a complication of conditions that cause an enlarged uterus. An enlarged uterus during pregnancy may lead to miscarriage or early labor. However, it is possible to have a healthy pregnancy and carry a child to term without complications notwithstanding an enlarged uterus.
- Pain and other symptoms: An enlarged uterus puts pressure on the intestines and bladder, causing pain, constipation, incontinence, frequent urination, bloating and cramping.
- Abnormal bleeding: Heavy, painful, and frequent bleeding can affect daily life by causing you to miss time from work and social events, and it may even cause embarrassment if you bleed through clothing. Heavy bleeding can also result in anemia, which causes maximum fatigue and an overall feeling of sickness.
- Prolapsed uterus: A uterus with large fibroids may prolapse. This means it falls into or out of the vagina. This situation is not life-threatening, but surgery is needed to repair the condition.
Homeopathy Treatment For Bulky Uterus
Some of the commonly prescribed homeopathic medicines for Bulky Uterus are Aurum mur natronatrum, Fraxinus americana, Pulsatilla nigricans, Kali iodide, Conium Mac and Thyroidinum etc.
- Aurum Mur Natronatrum :- This is a homeopathy remedy used in — Fibroids of uterus and Cancer of uterus.
- Fraxinus Americana :- This remedy is useful in — Uterus enlarged and pendulus. Fibroids with carriage down sensation, cramping in feet, worse in afternoon and night.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans :- This remedy is useful when people have — Fibroid tumor near the fundus.
- Kali Iodide :- This remedy should be tried if Pulsatilla fails. Fibroid tumor of the uterus.
- Conium Mac :- Hard fibroma in old maids or women who have been deprived of sexual pleasure.
- Thyroidinum :- Fibroid with tendency to enlarged thyroid.