SBL Anacardium Orientale
Common Name: Semecarpus Anacardium. Marking Nut. N. O. Anacardiacae. (East Indies)
Preparation: layer of nut between shell and kernel are triturated to make it.
Tincture of black juice between outer and inner shell.
The nut of the Anacardium Orientale is heart shaped and the kernel, which is sweet, is covered with a thin, reddish brown skin.
Causes & Symptoms for SBL Anacardium Orientale
- Anacardium has many features in common with its botanical relatives, the different species of Rhus, especially in its action on the skin, muscles, and joints, but it has also very distinct features of its own.
- A very characteristic sensation is a pressing or penetrating pain as from a plug, which may occur in any locality in connection with neuralgias and ear affection, piles etc., and whenever present Anacardium will probably be the remedy.
- Sensation of a hoop or band around the body or about any part is a leading symptom.
- Anacardium Orientale has been used with success in diseases of the spinal cord with this sensation and the feeling of a plug in the spine, worse by any motion which causes a pain as if the plug were sticking still further in.
- Paralysed feeling in knees. Sensation as if knees were bandaged.
- It has at any rate won for itself a reputation in “examination funk” and allied conditions.
- Loss of memory is very marked. Deafness with loss of memory.
- Headache worse by mental exertion, better by eating. Stiffness in nape of neck.
- The cough of Anacardium Orientale is better by eating.
- Symptoms generally better by eating, recur two hours after.
- Checked eruptions.
- Hypochondriacal sadness, and melancholy ideas.
- Anxiety, apprehension, and fear of approaching death.
- Fear and mistrust of the future, with discouragement and despair.
- Disposition to laugh at serious things, and to maintain a serious demeanor when anything laughable occurs.
- State as if there were two wills, one of which rejects what the other requires.
- Fixed ideas: that he is double, that there is no reality in anything, all appears like a dream, that a stranger is constantly by his side, one to other., the other to the left, her husband is not her husband, her child is not hers, fondles, then pushes them away.
- Sensation as if the mind were separated from the body.
- Weakness of mind and of memory, Loss of memory. Weakness of all the senses, Absence of ideas.
- Head confused, Fits of giddiness, Vertigo on walking, as if all objects were too distant.
- Whirling dizziness, with obscuration of the eyes on stooping.
- Headache with giddiness and vertigo, aggravated by movement.
- Sensation of tearing in the head, chiefly on the right side, and often as far as the face and neck, followed by buzzing in the ears, Itching in the scalp.
- Painful pressure in the ears.
- Pain, as of ulceration, in the ears, principally on pressing the teeth close, and on swallowing.
- Hardness of hearing.
- Buzzing and roaring in the ears.
- Epistaxis, Diminution of the sense of smell.
- Stoppage of the nose, with sensation of dryness in the nostrils.
- Coryza (sneezing and lachrymation), and discharge of mucus from the nose.
- Pale, sickly face, with hollow eyes, sunk, and encircled by dark rings, by blue ridges.
- Pressure on the eyeballs, Burning sensation round the chin.
- Eczema of face and neck, with eruption of small blisters, intensely itching.
- Tensive, cramp-like pains in the teeth, as far as the ears, most frequently in the evening towards ten o’clock.
- Swelling of the gums, which bleed easily.
- Bitter taste with dryness of the mouth and throat.
- Fetid taste in the mouth.
- Violent and constant thirst, with sensation as of suffocation when drinking.
- In the evening, water-brash and vomiting, followed by acidity in the mouth, Morning sickness.
- Pressure in the stomach, chiefly after a meal, as well as when engaged in thought and mental exertion.
- Weak digestion, with fullness and distension of the abdomen.
- Colic in the umbilical region, mostly pressive, or dull and shooting, aggravated by respiration, cough and external pressure.
Stool and Anus
- Urgent desire which passes away with effort to expel.
- Difficult evacuation even of soft stools, from inactivity of the rectum.
- Evacuation of blood with the stools.
- Painful piles (both blind and bleeding) in the anus.
- Itching in the anus, Fissures of the rectum.
- Frequent discharge of clear, watery urine.
- Sensation of burning in the glans, during the evacuation of urine and afterwards, Turbid, clay-colored urine.
Male Sexual Organs
- Erections without excitation during the day.
- Voluptuous itching in the scrotum.
- Increased or inexcitable sexual desire.
- Semen passes during a hard stool.
Female Sexual Organs
- Leucorrhea, with itching and excoriation in the parts.
- Frequent but scanty menses, sometimes with spasmodic pains in abdomen.
- Nausea during pregnancy, better while eating.
- Hoarseness and sensation of excoriation in the throat, principally after a meal.
- Cough, with tickling in the throat and choking.
- Cough after meals (with loss of smell and taste) with vomiting of what has been taken, or in the evening, in bed, with congestion of blood to the head.
- Shaking cough, like whooping-cough, chiefly at night, or after much speaking.
- Violent convulsive cough (whooping-cough), caused by tickling in the pharynx, worse at night, and after eating, after the attacks, yawning and sleepiness.
- Expectoration of blood with the cough.
- Breath short, and respiration asthmatic.
- Oppression of the chest, with internal heat and anguish, which causes the patient to seek the open air.
- Pressure in the chest(right side) as from a dull plug.
- Prickings in the region of the heart.
- Rattling in the trachea when lying on the left side.
- Uneasiness in the heart.
- Piercing pains (stitches) through the region of the heart, quickly succeeding each other, sometimes they extend to the small of the back.
Neck and Back
- Stiffness at the nape of the neck.
- Pains in the back and between the shoulder-blades, for the most part drawing and shooting, or pressive.
- Dull stitches in the left shoulder-blade.
- Tingling between the shoulder-blades.
- Weakness and tensive pains in the arms.
- Trembling of the right hand.
- Pressive pains in the muscles and in the bones of the arms, with a feeling of fatigue.
- Shooting and heaviness in the forearms.
- Clammy sweat in the palms of the hands.
- Stiffness of the legs, as if they were bandaged, with agitation.
- Trembling, drawing, and jerking in the knees and in the thighs, as if the legs were fatigued by walking.
- Sensation of paralysis in the knees.
- Itchy eruption round the knee, as far as the calves of the legs.
- Jerking and cramp-like pressure in the calves of the legs, and in the legs.
- Tensive pain in the calves of the legs during the day, on walking, and at night in bed, with sleeplessness.
- Burning in the soles of the feet, and in the legs.
- Cold in the feet when walking, particularly in the morning.
- Pressive pains, as from a plug in several places.
- Sufferings appear for the most part periodically.
- The majority of sufferings disappear during dinner, but a short time afterwards they return, and many others make their appearance with them.
- Great fatigue, trembling and extreme weakness in the limbs, principally in the knees.
- Great weariness on walking, and on going upstairs.
- Strong disposition to chilliness, and great sensibility to cold and currents of air.
- Burning itching, increased by scratching.
- Covered with blisters, from the size of a pin’s head to a pea, often scarlet red, and sometimes sense of burning.
- Pain, as from an abscess, in the parts affected, Herpes, Warts.
- Inclination to sleep at an early hour, with disturbed sleep in the night.
- Dreams of projects, of fire, of diseases, of deaths, and of dangers.
- At night, toothache, pains in the limbs and in the bones, diarrhoea, cramps in the calves of the legs, and twitching of the mouth and of the fingers during sleep.
- Pulse accelerated, with beating in the veins.
- Chilliness, especially in the open air, relieved in the sunshine.
- Heat of the upper part of the body, with cold feet, internal chilliness and hot breath.
- Strong disposition to shivering, and constant shudderings even in the heat of a room.
- Cold and trembling, with sensation of pulling in the head, ill-humor and agitation, every second-day.
- Sweat during the day when sitting.
- Perspiration in the evening, on the head, abdomen, and back, even when sitting still, Nocturnal sweat.
Side effects of SBL Anacardium Orientale
There are no such side effects. But every medicine should be taken following the rules as given.
It is safe to take the medicine even if you are on other mode of medication like allopathy medicines, ayurvedic etc.
Homeopathic medicines never interfere with the action of other medicines.
Dosage and rules while taking SBL Anacardium Orientale
Take 5 drops in half cup of water three times a day.
You can also medicate the globules and take 3 times a day or as prescribed by the physician.
We recommend you to take under physicians guidance.
Interactions and Reactions of SBL Anacardium Orientale
It is an antidote to Rhus if there are gastric symptoms, or symptoms going from right to left.
Antidoted by: Coffea, Jug-c.
Follows well: Lyc., Puls., Plat.
Followed well by: Lyc., Puls., Plat.
Terms and Conditions
Homeopathic products have several uses and should be taken on the basis of symptom similarity. Results may vary depending upon the conditions.